Diagnosis & Treatment
The first step in overcoming infertility is an accurate diagnosis of the causes of your infertility. Current data show that among couples seeking treatment for infertility, 35% of the time there is a female reproductive issue, 35% of the time a male reproductive issue, and combined cause (male and female) 20% of the time. In 10% of cases, the cause is termed “unexplained” because all tests results have been normal.
We also see many patients who seek options for building a family as a single parent or same-sex couples/individuals who require assisted reproductive technologies to build a family.
Treatments & You
Although the causes of infertility are numerous and complex, both male and female factors can be successfully addressed with many of today’s medical technologies.
Fertility treatment options at FSMG include:
- Intra-uterine insemination (IUI)
- Ovulation induction
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Pre-implantation Genetic Screening and Diagnosis (PGS and PGD)
- Fertility Preservation (egg and sperm cryopreservation)
- Minimally invasive surgery (such as laparoscopy or hysteroscopy) to correct or improve anatomical abnormalities
- Egg Donation
- Embryo Donation
- Gestational Carriage (surrogacy)